WHOA

Whoa it's time to reel myself back in a little bit over here! Not too much though : )

"When you're in love all you can write is, 'oh my god I am so in love!'" -Natalie Goldberg in Writing Down the Bones (a book about writing as zen that I have been lugging around with me:)

The last month of journaling consists of a lot of 'I AM THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD!" beginnings, followed by a lot of unfocused jibber jabber about sea foam and broken english revelations in brightly colored markers (you can't freakin find a black ball point in this country!)

So yeah, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world these days. Every day something new pops up that I almost burst into happy tears about...its started with getting to be on the beach everyday, having a house to myself for a few days in a loud and lovely, off-the-beaten-path, neighborhood, then all the music that deleted itself off of my ipod came back, (WTF?!). Then it was meeting my friend Tom, who came with a beautiful red guitar and the determination for us to sing open mic. And a Melanie, a shaman girl, who I got to help build a sweat lodge with AND be the firetender for her first solo ceremony. The 9 puppies at work, the kitchen at work, meeting a guy who inteviewed Vonnegut in the 80's, then the sailor-ey pirat-ey Texan who hangs out in the back of Coffee Temple and is so obviously made up of the same stuff my Aunt Donna and Uncle Art were, and I have a bike here too...with a bell : )

It runs a little deeper. I have fallen off the writing/art/running/yoga train a little bit, however without even noticing til it was too late, I ended up on the harmonica/guitar/sunrise swimming train! I tricked Tom into giving me some awesome guitar lessons, (we were calling it band practice until he realized I don't play with other people so well.) I'm picking better and know a lot of new sing a longs, not to mention can now find my way pretty easily around the C harmonica...which I debuted at open mic as well as a few made up songs : ) And instead of running I just float around in the swelley morning waves when I can...I suppose it's not helping the getting fit situation but it feels good! ....I've been indulging : )

Varkala is beautiful, beach-y, tourist-y, and if you walk in three minutes away from the beach, you are reminded that 'yes, you are still in India, have a coconut.' But, it's easy. It's western, pretty, there are bright red garbage cans here when there isn't even garbage service in most of India that I've seen. Everyone is wandering around eating fruit bowls carrying their yoga mat, walking from a thai massage to the beach and back...people wanting their martini a certain way back home are replaced with old ladies who feel the need to explain how important the fast they're on is and how I must make sure nothing of substance comes anywhere near their ginger honey tea...(ugh I'm SO over waitressing again! :)

I'm feeling very much like here is where I make the switch to focusing inwards and getting myself focused and energized and throwing myself into, well, myself. I've got a little over two weeks til yoga school starts and things couldn't be timed more perfectly. Three days at Amma (the hugging mother)'s Ashram, (I'm also taking the boat route back  : ), back to Varkala to firetend the dark moon turtle lodge...yes they asked me and my amazing energy back for more ; ), pack up, and hit 2-3 mountainous locations (Munnar, Bangalore, and Hampi if you're on google maps : ) in the week and a half before I arrive on Feb 4 in Nasik, at Vidya Gurunkal Ashram to get on a serious schedule and the immersion begins!

Hm well, I guess this was a straight up update...but now I can stop feeling like I'm ignoring my blog fans! All lovely 13 of you : ) More soon...peace and love and warm thoughts from me to you <3

Comments