'the core of one's spirit comes from new experiences'

My lil bro ended a recent email with that one. So insightful and yea...i have been adding to the list...

1 finding myself face to face with a loose chicken in a dark hut with a neon headlamp swinging from the ceiling...horror movie style. lindsey 1 chicken 0

2 getting head-snout butted by a large ugly pregnant pig lindsey 0 pig 1

3 reaching the top of my first south american mountain!

4 danced at 10am with hippies (i havent laughed that hard out loud in a long time...and yes, we were all completely sober)

5 i can see a bazillion trillion stars every night and am almost always not wearing shoes

6 i haven't really known the date or time in almost two weeks...roosters are my new alarm clock.

7 i got my fortune told by a medicine woman yesterday...eerily dead on

AND today is my mayan birthday! i am the sign of Kame which is the sign of the dead (in a good way). i can communicate with those on the other side very easily) (mel you are the same : )

8 sleeping in october-y weather in a tent every night is a new one.

9 i have never found myself wanting a cold shitty beer more than after 7 days of farm work...that was when i started missing the city real bad...not a lot of bars out here : )

10 we had a 'thanking the earth' ceremony this weekend where i found myself seated around a fire between the medicine woman and the dj.

ok i have like a million more but have to feed everyone dinner soon!

ALSO i am going to start a 'what im listening to' section. mostly for mi madre but i thought it might be a nice addition
lately:
the dodos
bonnie 'prince' billy (dont know what album i have)
wilco's summerteeth album <3
can (thanks Mickey!)
and 'on a neck, on a spit' from the yellow house album by grizzly bear that puts me right to sleep every time : )

OK and i know i promised photos but they are being difficult but i will try again on my free day tomorrow : )

Comments